If you’re new to cannabis, or even a regular user, you still might not understand the difference between the three most popular plant types: sativa, indica, and hybrids.
You’ve likely heard these terms, and might even know which is your preference. In any case, we’ll break it down for you, so you can pick the perfect strain for the high you want.
To oversimplify it—sativas are energizing and indicas are relaxing. An easy way to remember indicas is imagining they stand for “in-da-couch” (a.k.a where you’ll be chilling with your full-body high).
- Sativa strains have lower doses of CBD and higher doses of THC
- “Mind high”, energizing, productive, creative, thoughtful, focused, generally uplifted
- Use it day or night
- Popular choice amongst many philosophers, artists, and musicians
- Great for being social, cleaning your house, physical activities in nature, dance parties, and anything creative
- Indica strains often have higher levels of CBD and less THC
- Intensely relaxing effects, reduces nausea and pain, increases appetite, pain relief, fights depression, full-body muscle and tension relief, with lighter cerebral effects in comparison to sativa strains
- Because of its deep relaxation effects, indica is better consumed at night
- Great for for relieving tension and anxiety after work or at the end of the day
- Each strain has a unique ratio of both sativa and indica
- Producers select hybrids for their unique benefits, like reducing anxiety or fighting depression
- Hybrids are frequently bred with other hybrids and can be sativa or indica dominant. They’ll have similar effects to their dominant strain.