You’ve just stocked up on a healthy supply of Mota cannabis flowers, which ideally you want to last you the entire month. But, how do you ensure your supply stays as fresh and potent as possible?
Here’s our quick start guide to storing your cannabis bud:
- Store flowers in containers with a neutral charge, like glass jars. Mason jars are great, especially those that have a dark tint.
- No matter what you’re storing it in, keep it out of direct sunlight in a cool, dry place.
- If you can, vacuum seal jars and containers to minimize oxygen exposure. Oxygen is what will dry out your flowers and impact its potency.
- Contrary to popular belief, storing your bud in the fridge will not keep it fresher. The fluctuations in humidity and temperature can actually cause it to grow mold and mildew. Same goes for the freezer, skip it.
- If you’re going old school, and using a plastic bag, only use it for short-term storage and small quantities of cannabis.
- Here’s one you may not have thought of: don’t store your bud around heat-creating appliances or electronics. Keep it in a low cupboard or shelf, somewhere dark and cool as we mentioned above.
- Make sure wherever you choose to store your stash, it’s well out of reach of children and pets.
- Lastly, when storing different strains, make sure to separate them to maintain their unique flavours and effects.
Our flower strains are grown with passion on wild and beautiful Vancouver Island.
Shop all our unique strains here.