So you want to make some cannabis cooking oil…
Maybe you watched Chelsey Handler’s hilarious cannabis-infused dinner party on Netflix, or you feel like flexing your culinary skills in a new way.
Cannaoil can be made using your favourite cooking oil (coconut, olive, avocado) and used in pretty much any recipe, the same way you’d use regular oil. It’s a great intro to cooking with cannabis, as it’s a major base in many recipes.
We’re sharing our favorite tried and true recipe that anyone can master(chef).
Mota Cannaoil Recipe
- 6 grams marijuana
- 2 cups oil (olive, avocado, canola, or coconut)
- Decarboxylate the cannabis. This is a key step, and what actually gives your edibles the effects you’re looking for. By cooking it at a low temperature, you convert cannabis’ non-intoxicating THCA into THC.
- Heat your oven to 250°F. Spread your cannabis out into an even layer on a non-stick baking sheet, for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool. Once cool, grind into a coarse powder (we recommend using any standard coffee grinder).
- Heat your oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add the ground cannabis, and cook for about 45 minutes making sure not to burn.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Strain through your cheesecloth over a bowl, to remove the ground cannabis. Squeeze hard to ensure you get all your oil.
- Store your oil in a jar of your choice. Lidded mason jars are a great choice. Store in a cool, dark spot.
- Discard the ground cannabis.
- Enjoy in your favourite recipes. A little goes a long way!